hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Aleksej <alek...@ivs.lt>
Subject Transaction demarcation for JDBC connection and Hibernate.
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 12:58:01 GMT
Hi, list!
We currently have a project where both JDBC and Hibernate based services
exists.
Some of those services are auto wired and uses code from each other in
one transaction.
I am searching for transaction demarcation solution which cut be used in
such environment.
Currently I know only one available solution for Hivemind ( I don't want
to use Spring ).
It is Hivetranse, but I am not sure will it fit into our requirements.
As I remember,
James Carman have something similar. That maybe sounds naive, but I want
just
to put some jars into project, add interceptor to service implementation
definition and to have
it working :) . Another one thing that scaring me is that Hibernate has
it own way to work
with transactions, so I wonder how it will react on such interceptor.
Maybe it is not possible at all?