hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Michael D <i...@techknowledgeaustralia.com>
Subject Proxy troubles on service start
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 06:12:34 GMT

Hi All

I have been using Hivemind for a few months mostly without issue. But at the
moment I have a very strange situation. When first calling a service an
exception is thrown saying that

the declared service interface doesnt match the requested one

But it does, at least it appears so. The error message also lists the
interface name twice eg The service X doesnt implement the requested
interface (X). The declared interface is X.

After tracking it down in the debugger it appears that the call to
getService in ServicePoint returns a proxy on first call - as would be
expected. Then at the comparison in getService(Class), the
isAssignableFrom() test fails and the exception is thrown.

The strange thing is it is only one particular service - we have about 15
altogether and this (recently added) one is the only one which generates the
problem.

I really have no idea of the internal proxy mechanics of HiveMind and am
hoping it may be my XML files or something.

Anyone had any similar issues??

Cheers

Michael