hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Hurducas <ovi...@artsoft-consult.ro>
Subject Accessing registry from a servlet without recreating a new instance
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 07:31:39 GMT
Greetings,

I’m using Hivemind+Tapestry+Hibernate to build a site. I have a
javax.servlet.Filter object where I need to do some operations with a
Hivemind service that uses Hibernate.

To access the registry from the filter I’m using the example from the
Hivemind documentation:

Registry registry = RegistryBuilder.constructDefaultRegistry();

MyService service = (MyService) registry.getService("com.mypackage.MyService", MyService.class);

However this is not good. The registry is recreated and the Hibernate
configuration is read again.

There is a way to access an existing registry that is already
initialized? I don’t want to recreate the registry twice.

Thank you,

Ovidiu