hivemind-user mailing list archives

From spamsucks <spamsu...@rhoderunner.com>
Subject Using hivemind as an object factory?
Date Sun, 19 Mar 2006 23:42:46 GMT

I have a set of pojos.  Each pojo represents a distinct virtual file
system (a stitch system).  Each of these pojo's take a distinct
constructor argument (the file system path to the real file system).
The problem that I am having is that I want only one pojo for each
distinct file system path.  I do not want multiple instances of a pojo
all pointing to the same file system location.  Up to now, I have not
been concerned over lifecycle of these pojo's and just creating them via
the constructor (e.g. StitchFolder stitch = new
StitchFolder("/usr/local/stitch1"))

While I could "code up" a singleton factory, I would rather see how
hivemind would help me out here.  I would appreciate a pointer on an
example that does as I described above.

Thanks.

Phillip

http://stitches.authsum.org