hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Aleksej <alek...@ivs.lt>
Subject Re: Order of discarding of threaded services when there is dependency beetwin them
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:01:39 GMT
Knut Wannheden wrote:
> Aleksej,
>
> On 1/24/06, Aleksej <aleksej@ivs.lt> wrote:
>
>> Lets say I have 2 threaded services, and one of them is must be created
>> before other AND discarded after it. One service must wrap other in
>> time. Idea is to create database connection service
>> and transaction service. Transaction service is wired with database
>> connection and at the end of thread it must commit or rollback all
>> changes. But because there is no order of discard specified, it is
>> possible, that Hivemind first will discard connection service and then
>> will try to discard transaction service, which will try to
>> commit/rollback using already closed connection. Any
>> ideas/recomendations/tricks  how to solve such problem?
>>

> Why don't you execute the commit / rollback before the service
> instances are being discarded? Can't your transaction service have
> explicit methods for commit and rollback?
>
> --knut

Well, transaction service has such methods, problem is that it uses
connection provided by
other service, which is bound to the same thread and which actually is
responsible for
closing that connection. It is possible that connection will be closed
before rollback or commit.
Maybe it is possible to inform Hivemind that one service depends on
other and that service with
dependency from other must be discarded first? Or maybe Hivemind makes
it automatically,
analizing services dependencies?