hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Knut Wannheden <knut.wannhe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Order of discarding of threaded services when there is dependency beetwin them
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:18:35 GMT

>  Well, transaction service has such methods, problem is that it uses
> connection provided by
>  other service, which is bound to the same thread and which actually is
> responsible for
>  closing that connection. It is possible that connection will be closed
> before rollback or commit.
>  Maybe it is possible to inform Hivemind that one service depends on other
> and that service with
>  dependency from other must be discarded first? Or maybe Hivemind makes it
> automatically,
>  analizing services dependencies?

Assuming that the connection service closes the connection in the
threadDidDiscardService() method I don't see how the connection could
be closed before the commit or rollback in the transaction service has
executed as your thread probably doesn't clean up after itself until
after commit (or rollback). Am I missing something?

--knut