hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject RE: Reusing BuilderFactory in another ServiceImplementationFactory
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 14:35:39 GMT
I believe that's still the way to go for now.  We're trying to figure out a
good way to abstract out all of that construction logic into a very
easy-to-use class.  Howard came up with a really cool idea which involves
generating a class at runtime (via Javassist) which builds an object based
on a "construction plan" using absolutely NO reflection code at all.  The
construction plan would contain information regarding which constructor to
use and which constructor parameters (if any) to use.  It would also contain
instructions on how to inject all of the properties.

-----Original Message-----
From: Arik Kfir [mailto:arikkfir@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 5:13 AM
To: hivemind-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Reusing BuilderFactory in another ServiceImplementationFactory

Hi,

I'm writing a service factory which creates some service type. I would
like to reuse BuilderFactory to actually create the service, and then
perform a little extra configuration on it. Since I want to retain
BuilderFactory's abilities, I would have to use the same (or extended)
parameters schema used by BuilderFactory.

The problem is that BuilderFactory's parameters schema is inline its
hivemind module definition file, and therefor can't be reused by other
services.

I've searched the mailing list and this question has come up before
where the reply was to simply to copy-paste it. Is that still the way
to go? Is extracting the parameters schema to stand on its own planned
to a future version?

Thanks in advance,