hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Knut Wannheden <knut.wannhe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: module version
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 09:00:17 GMT
Hi Christian,

On 12/1/05, Domsch, Christian <Christian.Domsch@entire.de> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I have a simple question: is the version attribute inside a module element
> used? And if so, whatfor? The descriptor reference on the website doesn't
> say anything about the usage of this attribute and I didn't dig into the
> source code yet.

There is actually a <dependency> element which uses it. You can use
the <dependency> element to declare a dependency upon another module.
<dependency> has an optional "version" attribute which if specified
has to match up with the version of the required module. Without the
"version" attribute specified on <dependency> any version of the
required module will satisfy the dependency.

We hope to add more sophisticated version matching policies in the future.

HTH,

--knut