hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Lukáš Kolísko <lkoli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with initializing Hivemind registry - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:27:06 GMT
Knut Wannheden napsal(a):
> Hi Lukáš,
>
> In your subject you mention a java.lang.NoSuchMethodError which I
> assume is a nested exception. Can you please provide the entire stack
> trace?
>
> Regards,
>
> --knut
>
> On 11/30/05, Lukáš Kolísko <lkolisko@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>I´m doing some refactoring in my publication system built on Tapestry
>>3.0.3/Hibernate 3.1. I would like to use Hivemind. I initailize registry
>>using servlet context listener. I use modified version of ExampleUtils
>>from hivemind examples pack.
>>But when I start application using Jetty or Tomcat I always get this error:
>>
>>org.apache.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException: Unable to create class
>>$Runnable_107de669874:

Hello, my first message had important parts cut off (Christmas is
comming and strange things happen). So I am resending it again.

Lukáš

Hello,
I´m doing some refactoring in my publication system built on Tapestry
3.0.3/Hibernate 3.1. I would like to use Hivemind. I initailize registry
using servlet context listener. I use modified version of ExampleUtils
from hivemind examples pack.
But when I start application using Jetty or Tomcat I always get this error:

org.apache.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException: Unable to create class
$Runnable_107de669874:
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javassist.CtClass.toClass(Ljava/lang/ClassLoader;)Ljava/lang/Class;
     at
org.apache.hivemind.service.impl.HiveMindClassPool.toClass(HiveMindClassPool.java:75)
     at
org.apache.hivemind.service.impl.CtClassSource.createClass(CtClassSource.java:84)
     ... 21 more

I was experimenting with different javaassist lib versions but it had
no effect. I am able to build hivemind and examples and run all unit
test with no problems.

I think there is some class loader problem or I have missunderstood
some basic Hivemind implementation requirements.

Sorry for silly question

Thanks for your help in advance

Lukáš Kolísko

Full stack trace may help more

00:41:08,093 ERROR ContextListener:31 -
org.apache.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException: Unable to create class
$Runnable_107de669874:
javassist.CtClass.toClass(Ljava/lang/ClassLoader;)Ljava/lang/Class;
org.apache.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException: Unable to create class
$Runnable_107de669874:
javassist.CtClass.toClass(Ljava/lang/ClassLoader;)Ljava/lang/Class;
     at
org.apache.hivemind.impl.servicemodel.SingletonServiceModel.createSingletonProxy(SingletonServiceModel.java:130)
     at
org.apache.hivemind.impl.servicemodel.SingletonServiceModel.getService(SingletonServiceModel.java:57)
     at
org.apache.hivemind.impl.ServicePointImpl.getService(ServicePointImpl.java:209)
     at
org.apache.hivemind.impl.ServicePointImpl.getService(ServicePointImpl.java:222)
     at
org.apache.hivemind.impl.RegistryInfrastructureImpl.getService(RegistryInfrastructureImpl.java:207)
     at
org.apache.hivemind.impl.RegistryInfrastructureImpl.startup(RegistryInfrastructureImpl.java:434)
     at
org.apache.hivemind.impl.RegistryBuilder.constructRegistry(RegistryBuilder.java:154)
     at
org.apache.hivemind.impl.RegistryBuilder.constructDefaultRegistry(RegistryBuilder.java:196)
     at scs.util.hivemind.HiveUtil.buildRegistry(HiveUtil.java:35)
     at
scs.controller.ContextListener.contextInitialized(ContextListener.java:29)
     at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.doStart(WebApplicationContext.java:497)
     at
org.mortbay.jetty.plus.PlusWebAppContext.doStart(PlusWebAppContext.java:149)
     at org.mortbay.util.Container.start(Container.java:72)
     at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.doStart(HttpServer.java:753)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.plus.Server.doStart(Server.java:153)
     at org.mortbay.util.Container.start(Container.java:72)
     at
com.iw.plugins.jettyrunner.PluginRunner.launchWithXML(PluginRunner.java:229)
     at com.iw.plugins.jettyrunner.PluginRunner.launch(PluginRunner.java:91)
     at com.iw.plugins.jettyrunner.PluginRunner.main(PluginRunner.java:75)
Caused by: org.apache.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException: Unable to
create class $Runnable_107de669874:
javassist.CtClass.toClass(Ljava/lang/ClassLoader;)Ljava/lang/Class;
     at
org.apache.hivemind.service.impl.CtClassSource.createClass(CtClassSource.java:88)
     at
org.apache.hivemind.service.impl.AbstractFab.createClass(AbstractFab.java:92)
     at
org.apache.hivemind.impl.servicemodel.SingletonServiceModel.createSingletonProxyClass(SingletonServiceModel.java:185)
     at
org.apache.hivemind.impl.servicemodel.SingletonServiceModel.createSingletonProxy(SingletonServiceModel.java:103)
     ... 18 more