hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Schulte Marcus <marcus.schu...@bmw.ch>
Subject RE: Problems trying to implement a new Service Model
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 05:57:25 GMT
Hi,
I don't know what Spring-prototypes are, but I have built my own
Service-Model to support storing service state across client-requests.
Actually it's surprisingly easy:
Firstly, you have to define the new service-model in hivemodule.xml like
this:

<contribution configuration-id="hivemind.ServiceModels">
    <service-model class="StatefulServiceModelFactory"
    			   name="stateful"/>
</contribution>

Then, you have to implement the Factory-class which is mentioned above. It
has to implement the interface ServiceModelFactory. The service-model itself
is produced by this factory. It has to implement ServiceModel. Here you
should have a look at the Sources of the existing Service-Models. They all
inherit from AbstractServiceModelImpl which has some nice Utilities to take
care of adding Interceptors and constructing Proxies. Basically, your
Service-Model's only task is to create one instance of a Proxy which
represents the service (always one instance per registry, lives until
registry shuts down). The Proxy takes care of forwarding calls to the right
implementation.

hth,
Marcus