hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Chris Burnley <chris.burn...@gmail.com>
Subject ServicePointImpl.getService caching service reference
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:14:32 GMT
Hi, I'd like to query why ServicePointImpl.getService method caches the
service object.

I'm implementing a "template" service model which always creates new
instances ( perhaps I'm going about it the wrong way), which of course
doesn't work because the the service is cached in ServicePointImpl. I
realise that in theory services should be usually mostly stateless and
interchangeable, but that is contradicted by the existence of the thread
service model.

Shouldn't the reference returned be the responsibility of ServiceModel ?

regards,

Chris Burnley