hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Cherry Development <...@cherrydev.com>
Subject Re: Injecting a state object into another service?
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 20:21:30 GMT
Sorry, I didn't explain this particular well, I think.

I was planning to get the 'final' object out of hivemind, not out of
spring.  I've already pulled the spring object into hivemind, and can
vend the object out of hivemind this way.  This already works.  'All' I
need to do is to assign a hivemind 'state' object into my service
before I send it out of hivemind (and into Tapestry).

Here's a full example of what I want to do:
I have spring services that need to interact with session-stateful
object.  Rather than pass the stateful object into my service from the
presentation layer (Tapestry) each time I run a service method, I'd
like to have my service object come pre-injected with my stateful
object.  I could try to do this entirely within spring, but as things
are now, I have no simple way to get Spring to access the session.
Therefore, I was planning to go around the other way:  Inject my spring
object into hivemind, set the stateful object into a property of my
spring service, then inject the result (spring service object with a
hivemind stateful object as a property) into my tapestry pages.  I'm
pretty sure this isn't difficult to do, but I simply don't know enough
about how hivemind works to be able to make it happen.

I guess I'm just looking for something like BuilderFactory, which will
let me set arbitrary objects into services, except that I don't want to
actually create a new instance of the object.

I'd appreciate any advice you can offer.

Thanks,
Avi