hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject RE: Classloaders and Registry
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:48:25 GMT
You need to build your registry differently.

RegistryBuilder builder = new RegistryBuilder();

builder.addModuleDescriptorProvider( new XmlModuleDescriptorProvider( new
DefaultClassResolver( MY_CLASSLOADER ) ) );

Registry reg = builder.constructRegistry( Locale.getDefaultLocale() );

That code's off the top of my head, so the method names may be changed.
Also, this is HiveMind 1.1 code.

  _____

From: GUMMOW JR, DONALD R [AG/1000] [mailto:donald.r.gummow.jr@monsanto.com]

Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 7:42 AM
To: hivemind-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Classloaders and Registry

Hello - I've got a situation where the service interface and implementation
classes use a different class loader than the default loader for the
registry, and I'm getting an ApplicationRuntimeException when I call to
registry.getService( ) telling me that the service does not implement the
requested interface. (The code works perfectly in my unit test, where both
are using the same classloader.)

Does anyone have any tips on how this situation should be approached within
HiveMind?

Regards,

...Don

This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential information,
and is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive such
information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately. Please delete it and all attachments from any servers,
hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail by you is strictly
prohibited.

All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring,
reading and archival by Monsanto. The recipient of this e-mail is solely
responsible for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware".
Monsanto accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code
transmitted by or accompanying this e-mail or any attachment.