hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "Jean-Francois Poilpret" <jfpoilp...@hcm.vnn.vn>
Subject RE: Hivemind 1.1 + Tapestry 4.0
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 05:47:31 GMT
Hi Stefan,

I had thought about the possibility of putting namespaces (or "scope") to
translators and object providers but it would make their use more
complicated and obscure (I cannot imagine to use an ObjectProvider this way
"hiveutils.object:MyObject" when I can simply have "object:MyObject").

Moreover, adding namespaces like that could possibly break existing
applications.

Cheers

            Jean-Francois

  _____

From: Liebig, Stefan [mailto:Stefan.Liebig@compeople.de]
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 12:23 PM
To: hivemind-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hivemind 1.1 + Tapestry 4.0

A problem with such a registry would be that you can no longer give your
translators, object providers, .. short and precise names because there is
already a registered name. This would force you to pick a less descriptive
name for your translator, ...

How about a concept which uses something like name spaces (like XML, Java,
C++)? Maybe this direction could lead to a sufficent solution.

Stefan

  _____