hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject RE: Eviction of pooled services
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 12:26:29 GMT
That's not his question.  He wants to know when the object will be
freed/evicted from the pool so that it is even eligible for gc.

  _____

From: belaran [mailto:belaran@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 8:23 AM
To: hivemind-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Eviction of pooled services

As far as I understand the garbage collector, there is no real way to know.
At some point, the garbage collector enters in action, degrades the perf but
clean all object that are no longer referenced... Period.
You cannot order it to clean this more quickly, you cannot clean yourself (
at least not the memory) and you don't really have control on it...