hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Horacio <horacio...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: hivemind doesn't load my hivemodule.xml
Date Sat, 02 Jul 2005 19:29:47 GMT
Hi all! Thanks Shing for your response.
I've made changes to the hivemodule.xml so now I use:

<service-point
    id="UsuarioActualThreadLocalService"
    interface="..."/>

<implementation
    service-id="UsuarioActualThreadLocalService">

    <invoke-factory
        service-id="hivemind.BuilderFactory"
        model="threaded">

        <construct
            class="...."/>

    </invoke-factory>

</implementation>

but with this configuration, hivemind doesn't work.

I've found that the problem is that hivemind is NOT loading my hivemodule.xml
To make it work I've made my own filter based on HiveMindFilter. This filter
load the HiveMind's  modules using:

registryBuilder.processModules(classResolver);

and my own modules using something like this:

Resource moduleDescriptorResource = new ClasspathResource(classResolver,
"ar/com/hgdeoro/apn/pruebas/hivemodule.xml");

and this is working great!! (in the filter, the classpath to
hivemodule.xml is configured throw a init-parameter).

Thanks to all!
Horacio

PS: If anyone thinks the filter could be usefull, I'll be glad to post it
somewhere.

--- Shing Hing Man <matmsh@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I think you get the error because
> the line
>
> > 		<create-instance
> >

> class="ar.com.hgdeoro.apn.pruebas.hivemind.UsuarioActualThreadLocalService"
> > 			model="threaded" />
>
>  does not work in version 1.0. ( Light weight
> initialisation is available in version 1.1, and not in
> 1.0.)
> In version 1.0,  you need to use invoke-factory
> to set a property in a service.
>
> You can check this out at
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/hivemind/instance-initialization.html
>
> Shing
>
> --- Horacio <horacio222@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> > I'm trying to make hivemind 1.0 work, but I can't.
> >
> > I'm working from Eclipse 3.1M6 and Hivemind 1.0.
> > I've put my hivemodule.xml in WEB-APP, META-INF,
> > classes, lib (all at the same time).
> >
> > Here is my hivemodule.xml:
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0"?>
> > <module id="tesis" version="1.0.0">
> >
> > 	<!-- tesis.UsuarioActualThreadLocalService -->
> > 	<service-point id="UsuarioActualThreadLocalService"

interface="ar.com.hgdeoro.apn.pruebas.hivemind.IUsuarioActualThreadLocalService">