hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject RE: Reloading the registry while running
Date Sat, 02 Jul 2005 11:10:48 GMT
Well, if you're "upgrading", I would imagine that you're changing some code,
right?  Are you using a servlet container which does auto-reloading of
classes when it sees that something has changed (like Tomcat)?  Then, it
will reload the entire webapp and therefore the registry also.

  _____

From: belaran [mailto:belaran@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2005 7:05 AM
To: Glen Stampoultzis
Cc: hivemind-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Reloading the registry while running

yes i always can, but the point was more to upgrade an application while
it's running just by changing the registry... It's not really a good idea,
but i was just wandering if it's possible...

thanks for your response

2005/7/2, Glen Stampoultzis <gstamp@gmail.com>:

On 7/1/05, belaran <belaran@gmail.com> wrote:
> > No - you have to reload the application or restart the JVM.

You can create a brand new registry and close the old one however.

--
Belaran,
"What'do'ya mean ?"