hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject RE: HiveMind DTD?
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 10:40:23 GMT
Are you suggesting that the XML actually have a DOCTYPE statement at the top
so that the IDEs know which DTD to use?  Then, what happens if you make a
change to the XML document which requires that the DTD change in order for
the XML document to be valid?  When you try to parse it (if you've turned on
validation), you'll get an error and will not be able to process it in order
to generate the new DTD (oh no, I've gone cross-eyed).  I guess it's simple
enough to turn off validation on the parser or Digester.  Anyway, I'm just
thinking out loud here trying to understand exactly what it is that you guys
want.  Does this sound right?

-----Original Message-----
From: Hugo Palma [mailto:hpalma@digitalis.pt]
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 6:08 AM
To: hivemind-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: HiveMind DTD?

It could be implemented as an ant task yes. I think that's a great idea.
Not sure about including it with the hivemind build though. This sounds
more like an utility thing than a framework thing. Maybe it could be
included in hivemind utilities
project(http://hivetranse.sourceforge.net/index.html).
But i guess first things first. Is anyone available for implementing
this ? I have my hands full with other projects for my company so i
won't be able to dedicate much time to this.

Cheers

Hugo