hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Service Beans
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 13:54:00 GMT
Yes, that's exactly on the money.  For bean services, it creates a
subclass of the actual class to use as the proxy, and overrides all of
its public instance methods. Doing this requires a no-args
constructor.

You might also find that having interceptors on the service will also
require a no-args constructor (even with the primitive service
lifecycle model, having interceptors requires a proxy or two in the
calling sequence).

On 4/26/05, Hensley, Richard <Richard.Hensley@mckesson.com> wrote:
> I just discovered the documentation in the Singleton Service Model and
> Primitive Service Model. It states that a proxy is not needed for the
> primitive service and that the object is constructed right away. From this
> documentation, I could imply that that the no-arguments service constructor
> is not needed when a primitive model is used.

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind