hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Registry hierarchies
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 13:45:28 GMT
HiveMind makes almost no use of statics.
PropertyUtils has a static map used to cache information used to read
and update object properties.
I believe there's another static variable containing a ThreadLocal
related to de-serializing service proxies.
That's it, off the top of my head, but I can't think of where I'd use
any more.  Everything else is ultimately rooted in the Registry
instance. It's one of the subtle benefits of using HiveMind over
traditional techniques ... no statics!

On 5/4/05, Dmitry Kozakov <dima@java.crimea.com> wrote:
> Good day.
>
> I have a little question. How much
> HiveMind has static objects?
> I want to write some container (some thing
> like Plexus or Phoenix) based on HiveMind.
> But during code hacking I saw
>      * This instance is stored into
>      * {@link
> ServiceSerializationHelper#setServiceSerializationSupport(ServiceSerializationSupport)}.
>      * This may cause errors (and incorrect behavior) if multiple
> Registries exist in a single JVM.
> in the RegistryInfrastructureImpl.
> My idea was very simple to rewrite RegistryInfrastructureImpl which will
> delegate search and get
> methods to the parent if it cannot do itself.
> Can I do this (I do not keep in mind startUp service and
> ShutdownCoordinator)
> or there are no any guarantees that Registry will not be corrupted. I
> wrote some tests for hierarchy
> they are worked but I am newbie in the HiveMind and I am not sure that I
> included all
> possibilties
>
> Best Regards
>         Dmitry