hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: module package name question
Date Sat, 07 May 2005 20:36:28 GMT
Interface names are an unfortunate special case.  The interface name
can either inlcude or omit the package, but aren't as flexible as
normal class references, such as your example, where the interface is
in a sub-package.

HiveMind defers converting the interface class name into a Class until
as late as possible ... typically when the proxy is created.  This is
important for when a service-point interface references a class that
may not be available.  In hivemind.lib, there's some Spring related
service interfaces.  If we resolved interface names the same was as
classes, then the Spring libraries would have to be full dependencies
of hivemind-lib-*.jar.

What I've explained here is documented, and is consistent with your
experiments. Fixing it is possible, but would require a) including
Spring as a dependency of hivemind-lib, or b) refactoring the Spring
support into a seperate module.

On 5/3/05, Hensley, Richard <Richard.Hensley@mckesson.com> wrote:
> I'm using module package names, and I can't seem to get them to work for the
> interface attribute of a service-point. Should they work?
>
> For instance I use
>
> package="com.foo"
>
> and
>
> interface="bar.MyClass"
>
> This seems to work fine when constructing an instance in a builder, but not
> for the interface. The interface does work when I don't use partial package
> names, like the following:
>
> package="com.foo.bar"
>
> interface="MyClass"
>
> Richard