hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "Joel Trunick" <joel.trun...@webifysolutions.com>
Subject Related Topic: Component Build Tools
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 14:43:49 GMT

I'm posting this as this seems like a relevant related discussion that
some folks here have probably addessed, and I was curious about
approaches have been taken.

I'm generally curious what kinds of tools are being used to build
components. Typical build files (as found in Appfuse) build
"horizontally" or an architecture layer at a time (ie. Domain, Service,
GUI). But for components that doesn't really make much sense. I'd rather
build my components vertically (according to function), particularly on
larger projects.

Has anyone addressed that here, and if so how?

Joel