hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "Hensley, Richard" <Richard.Hens...@McKesson.com>
Subject RE: Autowiring Lesson Learned
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 15:38:52 GMT
I don't get the same error message, but it seems like a very similar
problem. Core to the problem is that the service I want depends on another
service that has an error in configuration. I get an error on the service
I'm asking for, not on the service with an error in configuration. I
wouldn't even care if one of the chained exceptions indicated the error, but
something should.

Richard

________________________________

	From: Liebig, Stefan [mailto:Stefan.Liebig@compeople.de]
	Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 9:43 PM
	To: hivemind-user@jakarta.apache.org
	Subject: AW: Autowiring Lesson Learned

	Is this HIVEMIND-65
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVEMIND-65)?

	Stefan

________________________________

	Von: Hensley, Richard [mailto:Richard.Hensley@McKesson.com]
	Gesendet: Di 03.05.2005 00:28
	An: hivemind-user@jakarta.apache.org
	Betreff: Autowiring Lesson Learned

	I just had a problem that took a while to chase down. I kept getting
an
	error that said can't find an appropriate constructor to autowire,
use
	explicit.

	It turned out that the problem was another service. I had misspelled
the
	interface name and the service could never have been bound and been
created,
	however, I never saw that error because it was being hidden by the
autowire
	thing.

	I'm not sure if this is a bug, or simply a lesson learned to put
your
	dependencies is approximately construction requirement order so that
you can
	see errors.

	Does anybody have any suggestions as to how this is best avoided?

	Richard

	For additional commands, e-mail:
hivemind-user-help@jakarta.apache.org