hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Konstantin Iignatyev <kgignat...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Interceptor performance
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 18:53:34 GMT
Hensley, Richard wrote:

>Konstantin,
>
>Did you have a particular reason why you did not have your Hivemind
>ServiceInterceptorFactory.createInterceptor() method return a CGLIB proxy
>instead of a JDK proxy?

I just followed interceptor example from HM documentation without much
studying. I was not sure if interceptor stack.push() will accept CGLib
instrumented class.
I was playing with all those frameworks at that time and my partial goal
was to estimate overall convenience and easyness to understand.

>I believe you would have found that Hivemind interceptors would have
>performed very close to your home grown CGLIB solution. It is important to
>remember that Hivemind is technology agnostic with regards to interceptors.
>I have used JDK, CGLIB, and Javassist proxies depending on what I need.
>Since I discovered CGLIB, I normally have my
>ServiceInterceptorFactory.createInterceptor() method return a CGLIB proxy
>because of the reasons you documented, i.e. CGLIB proxies are easy, and
>fast.

Thanks for the tip, will try it.

--
Thanks,

Konstantin Ignatyev

http://www.kgionline.com

PS: If this is a typical day on planet earth, humans will add fifteen million tons of carbon
to the atmosphere, destroy 115 square miles of tropical rainforest, create seventy-two miles
of desert, eliminate between forty to one hundred species, erode seventy-one million tons
of topsoil, add 2.700 tons of CFCs to the stratosphere, and increase their population by 263.000

Bowers, C.A.  The Culture of Denial:
Why the Environmental Movement Needs a Strategy for Reforming Universities and Public Schools.

New York:  State University of New York Press, 1997: (4) (5) (p.206)