hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "Jean-Francois Poilpret" <jfpoilp...@hcm.vnn.vn>
Subject RE: Non-interface beans
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 00:22:44 GMT
Hello Brian,

If you need to create beans without interceptors, then the
hiveutils.ObjectBuilder service that I created in the HiveMind Utilities
project (http://hivetranse.sourceforge.net/) could be useful to you.

ObjectBuilder allows you to:
- configure objects to be created (in a quite straightforward xml syntax)
- declare DI (constructor or setter or mixed) for your objects (you can
inject anything that can already be injected in HiveMind through the
"object" translator, ie almost everything you may want)
- cache objects if you need (configuration attribute)
- inject such defined objects into other objects, services or configurations
(thanks to a new ObjectProvider "object:<name>"
- to pass additional runtime arguments to the constructor at object
instantiation time

I have used this stuff a lot in HiveGUI where it is important to:
- be able to instantiate any kind of Swing objects
- make it easy to declare lots of objects

Please note that in its current version (0.4.0) the HiveMind Utilities
modules only work with HiveMind 1.0.

Cheers

	Jean-Francois