hivemind-user mailing list archives

From <John.Pri...@bedag.ch>
Subject RE: HiveMind and OracleAS
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 06:42:36 GMT
Hi Knut,

Thanks for the tip. I'll try registering my own handler and see what
happens.

Best wishes

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Knut Wannheden [mailto:knut.wannheden@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 10:20 AM
To: hivemind-user@jakarta.apache.org; Prince John, Bedag
Subject: Re: HiveMind and OracleAS

Hi John,

To be honest I don't know a lot about these things. But shouldn't the
Oracle AS register a protocol handler for the jndi protocol? That way
HiveMind shouldn't have any problems. All the URLResource class does is
create a java.net.URL object and makes sure the openStream() method can
be called. For this I thought a protocol handler had to be registered.

Regards,

--knut

On 5/11/05, John.Prince@bedag.ch <John.Prince@bedag.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been having a problem with HiveMind 1.1beta2/Tapestry 4alpha3
> (from cvs) on the Oracle app server. Because oracle uses what I think
> is a proprietary naming system for jar files
> (jndi:C:\some\jar\file.jar\META-INF\hivemodule.xml for example)
> HiveMind is not able to load submodules (specifically the Tapestry
> submodules in this case). The problem is in
> org.apache.hivemind.util.URLResource,
> which is choking on the jndi: format and returning null. I have got
> round it by hacking URLResource to replace jndi:... with
jar:file:///C: