hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "Johan Lindquist" <jo...@kawoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Singleton services and synchronized methods
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:01:49 GMT
Hi Chris,

Should be no problem with synchronizing your calls ...  But if you are
looking to store state in between invocations (with result of the
invocation being stored) of the service, you should probably look at the
threaded service models (see
http://jakarta.apache.org/hivemind/current/multithreading.html for
details) for your implementation.

Cheers,

Johan

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 13:24:37 -0700, Chris Conrad <cconrad@vasoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For several of my services I'd like to keep some system preference
> information.  Rather then hit the database to retrieve that data all the
> time, however, I'd like to keep it in a private field.  I didn't see
> anything explicit about it in the documentation, but could there be any
> problems with having synchronized service methods?
>
> --Chris

you too?