hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "Johan Lindquist" <jo...@kawoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Hivemind and plugin system
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 21:21:08 GMT
Stephen,

to answer your questions:

1) You can provide hivemind with a set of class resolvers (in effect class
loaders) which allows you to process all the modules I would think.

2) There is no runtime adding/removal of services built into hivemind -
all services are processed once and then the registry is initialized.

Cheers,

Johan

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:08:38 +0200, Stephen Kelvin
<stephen.kelvin@gentleware.com> wrote:

> I'd like to use hivemind together with an application plugin framework -
> probably either JPF (http://jpf.sourceforge.net) or the OSGI
> implementation
> knopflerfish.
> Is that possible at all?
> Two problems I foresee:
> - classloader issue: in effect there is a tree of classloaders
> corresponding
>    to a tree of dependent plugins. How can I collect and register each
> plugin's
>    hivemodule.xml? How will hivemind be able to instantiate service
>    implementations?
> - plugins can be added and removed at runtime. Can hivemind handle that
> and
>    update the registry accordingly?

you too?