hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Nick Stuart <bare...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Anemic Domain Model
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 15:26:54 GMT
So basically  he is saying that the application layer should do
nothing more then call the Domain Layer objects which do all the work?
In other words, not only does the Uesr object store the data, but also
knows how to do everything else with the user as well right? (save to
the database, load, delete, etc)

I dont know, but that just feels wrong to me. The data is just that,
data. I treat my simple POJO beans like that and everything seems to
work out fine for me. My services are responisble for loading, saving,
creating the data and thats it. What woud I gain by putting that in
the User itself? He never mentions what you gain, just that you loose
a lot of OO usuability (but never mentions specifics).

His so called anti-pattern goes against almost everything I've read or
been taught. But thats just me.

-Nick