hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Markus Wiederkehr <>
Subject Re: JBoss PermGen and HiveMind
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 08:14:40 GMT
I don't know why HiveMind does not pick up hivemodule.xml after
redeploying the application but I think I can help you with the
OutOfMemoryException issue.

Have a look at this article:

In a nutshell, use the JVM option -XX:MaxPermSize. Here is the alias
that I use to start JBoss:

alias jboss_start='JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx256m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -server"

On 4/21/05, <> wrote:
> This may be the wrong list.  Here goes..
> I am dynamicaly undeploying and redepoying an exploded war file into JBoss
> 4 repleatedly during a development cycle.  I have noticed that sometimes
> HiveMind does not pick up hivemodule.xml changes after this.
> After x number of these cycles (8 to 20), JBoss will halt with a PermGen
> OutOfMemory Error.
> One simple solutions is simply to restart the JBoss server after each
> deployment.  This is what we will end up donig in production.
> But I am curious if HiveMind could be playing a role in this error.
> Anyone seen anything similar?
> Ben

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: