hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Chris Conrad <ccon...@vasoftware.com>
Subject Java 5 annotations and Hivemind interceptors
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 03:25:41 GMT
Hello,

I've discovered what I consider a potential problem with the
ServiceInterceptorFactory.  Basically, I've been building a declarative
security system for my application.  To reduce the amount of
configuration data, I thought I'd use Java 5 annotations to declare the
security semantics of service methods.  What I discovered, however, is
there is no way to get at the core service implementation.  Since my
transaction interceptor uses Java proxies and it's applied before the
security interceptor, I can no longer access the annotations on the
implementation class.

So, how should I go about handling this?  I guess I can declare the
annotations on the service interface, but I can certainly imagine
situations where the annotation is truly an implementation detail and
shouldn't be exposed to the callers of the service.  And I'd guess this
will become more of an issue as people start using annotations more.

Thanks,
--Chris