hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "Rieser, Michael \(SCI TW\)" <Michael_Rieser...@stercomm.com>
Subject RE: non-File based configuration
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:58:01 GMT

> In HiveMind 1.1, this is much easier.  You can implement your own
> ModuleDescriptorProvider.

Thanks for your quick response.

The ModuleDescriptorProvider interface has only one method which returns a List of ModuleDescriptors.
 Which might seem easy at first glance, but the configuration files we have are in the standard
XML that HiveMind expects, so we would have to reimplement all the classes that read and interpret
normal HiveMind XML to implement this interface, with the only change to those files being
allowing an InputStream where currently only a File is permitted.

Mike