hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "Rieser, Michael \(SCI TW\)" <Michael_Rieser...@stercomm.com>
Subject non-File based configuration
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:08:59 GMT
We're trying to configure a hivemind application which will use encrypted XML configuration
files on disk.  The FAQ _PuttingHivemindConfigurationFilesOutsideAnEAROrWAR_ seemed somewhat
related, but
shows how to use apis that no longer seem to exist in RegistryBuilder.

Is there a simple way to build the registry from a non-File source?  If it could be done from
an InputSource or an InputStream, it should be a piece of cake as we could create a FilterInputStream
and do the decrypting in the filter.

We do not want to read the encrypted files and write them out to an unencrypted File to give
to hivemind.

We've looked at subclassing things like XmlResourceProcessor, but didn't find any  methods
that could easily be overriden to get the desired behavior. Some of the more likely candidates
were private or would require us to duplicate too much code in the subclasses.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike