hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject RE: non-File based configuration
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 18:02:12 GMT
The org.apache.hivemind.parse.DescriptorParser class gives you all of the
functionality you need.  All you need to do is mimic what the
org.apache.hivemind.parse.XmlResourceProcessor class does with it (passes it
into a SAXParser and then asks it for the module descriptor that it parsed
from the XML).  Hope that helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rieser, Michael (SCI TW) [mailto:Michael_Rieser_TW@stercomm.com]
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 11:58 AM
To: hivemind-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: non-File based configuration

> In HiveMind 1.1, this is much easier.  You can implement your own
> ModuleDescriptorProvider.

Thanks for your quick response.

The ModuleDescriptorProvider interface has only one method which returns a
List of ModuleDescriptors.  Which might seem easy at first glance, but the
configuration files we have are in the standard XML that HiveMind expects,
so we would have to reimplement all the classes that read and interpret
normal HiveMind XML to implement this interface, with the only change to
those files being allowing an InputStream where currently only a File is
permitted.

Mike