hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject RE: HiveMind 1.0 and JNLP
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 20:16:08 GMT
Actually, the particular problem I was running into had to do with there not
being any PropertyEditor for the String class registered in WebStart
clients.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Stuart [mailto:baredok@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 11:15 AM
To: James Carman; hivemind-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: HiveMind 1.0 and JNLP

Ya, I think thats the e-mail I was referring too. I really dont know why
hivemind wouldn't work, but then again, I dont know what special cases
WebStart uses. My guess is a class loader issue of some kind, that maybe
doesn't see the hivemodule.xml files correctly and so doesn't load the
services? No idea, just spitting things out here.

Anyone with deeper insight have any ideas here?

-Nick

On Apr 6, 2005 11:05 AM, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> I believe I was the one who originally posted the message about
> JNLP/WebStart and HiveMind.  I think I abandoned that project, as it
> was merely an exploratory effort anyway.  However, we should really
> pursue this, as HiveMind should support WebStart.

org.apache.hivemind.impl.ConfigurationPointImpl.constructElements(Configurat
> ionPointImpl.java:150)
>         at

org.apache.hivemind.impl.ElementsInnerProxyList.inner(ElementsInnerProxyList
> .java:46)
>         at

org.apache.hivemind.impl.ElementsInnerProxyList.size(ElementsInnerProxyList.
> java:62)
>         at
> org.apache.hivemind.impl.ElementsProxyList.size(ElementsProxyList.java:60)
>         at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.hasNext(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.hivemind.impl.StartupImpl.run(StartupImpl.java:34)
>         at $InnerProxy_10317d9e578_1.run($InnerProxy_10317d9e578_1.java)
>         at
> $SingletonProxy_10317d9e4ec_0.run($SingletonProxy_10317d9e4ec_0.java)
>         at
> org.apache.hivemind.impl.RegistryImpl.startup(RegistryImpl.java:323)
>         at

org.apache.hivemind.impl.RegistryBuilder.constructRegistry(RegistryBuilder.j
> ava:417)
>         at

org.apache.hivemind.impl.RegistryBuilder.constructDefaultRegistry(RegistryBu
> ilder.java:711)
>         at
> com.vort.ads.utils.ServiceLocator.<clinit>(ServiceLocator.java:22)
>         ... 31 more
> Caused by: org.apache.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException: No translator
> named 'object' has been registered in configuration point
> hivemind.Translators.
>         at

org.apache.hivemind.impl.TranslatorManager.findTranslatorClass(TranslatorMan
> ager.java:141)
>         at

org.apache.hivemind.impl.TranslatorManager.constructTranslator(TranslatorMan
> ager.java:109)
>         at

org.apache.hivemind.impl.TranslatorManager.getTranslator(TranslatorManager.j
> ava:89)
>         at
> org.apache.hivemind.impl.RegistryImpl.getTranslator(RegistryImpl.java:420)
>         at
> org.apache.hivemind.impl.ModuleImpl.getTranslator(ModuleImpl.java:125)
>         at

org.apache.hivemind.impl.SchemaProcessorImpl.getTranslator(SchemaProcessorIm
> pl.java:251)
>         at

org.apache.hivemind.impl.SchemaElement.getTranslator(SchemaElement.java:244)
>         at

org.apache.hivemind.impl.SchemaElement.getAttributeTranslator(SchemaElement.
> java:251)
>         at

org.apache.hivemind.impl.SchemaProcessorImpl.getAttributeTranslator(SchemaPr
> ocessorImpl.java:246)
>         at

org.apache.hivemind.schema.rules.PushAttributeRule.begin(PushAttributeRule.j
> ava:37)
>         at
> org.apache.hivemind.impl.SchemaElement.fireBegin(SchemaElement.java:209)
>         at

org.apache.hivemind.impl.SchemaProcessorImpl.processElement(SchemaProcessorI
> mpl.java:213)
>         at

org.apache.hivemind.impl.SchemaProcessorImpl.processRootElement(SchemaProces
> sorImpl.java:188)
>         at

org.apache.hivemind.impl.SchemaProcessorImpl.process(SchemaProcessorImpl.jav