hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "David J. M. Karlsen" <da...@davidkarlsen.com>
Subject Re: BUG/problem with nested services?
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:25:36 GMT
Howard Lewis Ship wrote:

>This is a bug in HiveMind 1.0 that's fixed in 1.1.
>
>Basically, your "B" service extends an interface that extends other
>interface(s).  The same method signature shows up in multiple
>interfaces (possibly with minor differences w.r.t. thrown exceptions).
> HiveMind 1.0 trips over this, HiveMind 1.1 does not.
>
>I ran into this same problem creating services around Kodo's JDO
>implementation.  The KodoPersistenceManager extended all sorts of
>interfaces with conflicting methods. The rules for this are somewhat
>arcane.

A little googling found your earlier conclusions/mail - but thank's for
the answer :-)
Yes - the superclass that is extended by the services implements an
interface that again extends another interface (and the implementing
classes implement some abstract methods inherited from these
interfaces/the abstract superclass).

When is 1.1 ready for release? :-)