hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject RE: [ON TOPIC]Any pointers on how to make a custom classloader?
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:52:32 GMT
I have done that before using URLClassLoader.  I extended it so that I could
dynamically add classpath entries to it.  You have to extend it because the
addURL() method is protected! :-(  Hope that helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoff Longman [mailto:glongman@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 12:43 PM
To: hivemind-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: [ON TOPIC]Any pointers on how to make a custom classloader?

I'm whipping up a demo Eclipse plugin that will create a Registry based on
the classpath of a Java project. The plugin will contain a view that will
display the contents of the Registry.

I need a classloader that I can add the project jars and output folder to in
order to create a ClassResolver.

But, I have never played with custom classloaders so if anyone has a pointer
to a good resource explaining how to make one I'd be grateful!

This work is to improve my understanding of how HM works inside so I can
better approach Spindle -> Tapestry 3.1

Geoff