hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject RE: JavaMail & HiveMind
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:21:41 GMT
Well, there's nothing built-in to HiveMind at this time for that.  But, the
way to go about it would be to first start off by writing a
ServiceImplementationFactory which creates mail sessions.  You would want to
provide a mechanism for setting up the Properties object used to create the
Session, using factory parameters.  I would imagine that you would want a
mail session to use the threaded service model, right?  Then, from there,
you would build services which require a reference to your mail session
object (such as JavaMailSender and MailPreparator).  Does that make sense?

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Trunick [mailto:joel.trunick@webifysolutions.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 11:17 AM
To: hivemind-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: JavaMail & HiveMind

-->

What is the accepted way to send mail using HiveMind? Does someone have an
example? I know in Spring how this is done, is it appropriate to build out a
similar system to Spring?

I wouldn't mind contributing whatever I came up with, but I'd like to get
consensus on what the proper way to do this within HiveMind (as I am a
HiveMind newbie). Spring has the JavaMailSender, that has some API's such as
"createMimeMessage", sendMessage()" etc. It has a concept of a "Mail
Preparator" as well. Is this system bogus, or is there a better HiveMind
way? In fact, how would I just get hold of a proper mail session?

Joel

PS. Is "HiveMind" a reference to "Ender's Game"?