hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "Hensley, Richard" <Richard.Hens...@McKesson.com>
Subject RE: Shuting down the Hivemind Registry
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 01:26:59 GMT
I wasn't using the HiveMind filter was the root cause of my problem. I
reviewed that code and discovered how it shut the registry down in the
destroy() method. I can convert to that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hensley, Richard [mailto:Richard.Hensley@McKesson.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 5:25 PM
To: hivemind-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Shuting down the Hivemind Registry

I'm running into problems with the hivemind registry not getting shutdown in
my web application. So, I'm implementing the following.

public class HivemindContextListener implements ServletContextListener {

    /**
     * @see
javax.servlet.ServletContextListener#contextInitialized(javax.servlet.Servle
tContextEvent)
     */
    public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent arg0) {
    }

    /**
     * @see
javax.servlet.ServletContextListener#contextDestroyed(javax.servlet.ServletC
ontextEvent)
     */
    public void contextDestroyed(ServletContextEvent arg0) {
        /* get the registry and shut it down right here */
    }
}

And in web.xml

  <listener>
    <listener-class>
    com.mckesson.lab.tc.HivemindContextListener</listener-class>
  </listener>

I'm assuming this is the standard way to handle this problem for a web
application.