hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "Brian K. Wallace" <br...@transmorphix.com>
Subject Re: the simplest example
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2005 23:22:50 GMT

No worries. That's just a change that was made for 1.1. Pre-1.1, the
hivemodule.xml had to either be in a jar's META-INF directory, or
WEB-INF/classes/META-INF. 1.1 changes that WEB-INF/classes/META-INF
requirement to allow it to just be in WEB-INF.

James Carman wrote:
| I'm sorry.  You said you were using the HiveMindFilter.  Then, from the
| docs, it's supposed to be loading it from WEB-INF/hivemodule.xml if it
| exists (as you said earlier, sorry to add absolutely no value :-)

| |
| | Jamie
| | ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian K. Wallace"
| | <brian@transmorphix.com>
| |
| | Jamie Orchard-Hays wrote:
| | | Thanks, Brian.
| | |
| | | I haven't tried the examples in here yet. Maybe I'll do that.
| | |
| | | You put hivemodule.xml in WEB-INF, not META-INF?
| | |
| | |
| | | ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian K. Wallace"
| | | <brian@transmorphix.com>
| | |
| | | ~  I took the 'examples' classes/descriptor and put them in a test
| | | web-app (more web-app than test as this was bugging me), added the
| | | following lines to my web.xml, and was able to load
| | | "examples.Calculator" and have it 'calculate' properly:
| | |
| | | <filter>
| | | ~ <filter-name>hivemind</filter-name>
| | | ~
| | <filter-class>org.apache.hivemind.servlet.HiveMindFilter</filter-class>
| | | </filter>
| | |
| | | <servlet>
| | | ~ <servlet-name>site</servlet-name>
| | | ~ <servlet-class>test.bkw.tapestry.SiteServlet</servlet-class>
| | | ~ <load-on-startup>0</load-on-startup>
| | | </servlet>
| | |
| | | <filter-mapping>
| | | ~ <filter-name>hivemind</filter-name>
| | | ~ <servlet-name>site</servlet-name>
| | | </filter-mapping>
| | |
| | | The example classes were left extracted and placed in WEB-INF/classes,
| | | the examples descriptor was renamed hivemodule.xml and placed in
| | | WEB-INF, and the hivemind libraries (1.1 alpha - both hivemind and
| | | hivemind-lib) placed in WEB-INF/lib. There was no coding past this
| | | required except to retrieve the Calculator.
| | |
| | | HTH
| | |
| | | Brian