hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Potential memory leak with Threaded model and Events listeners
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 21:09:28 GMT
If you want each created instance to receive the notification, use the
pooled, not threaded, service model.  Pooled instances exist
indefinately once created.  The only down side is that code related to
the event needs to be thread safe, and that deactivated instances in
the pool will also receive notifications.

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind
http://howardlewisship.com