hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "David J. M. Karlsen" <da...@davidkarlsen.com>
Subject Obtaining the registry
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:45:28 GMT

i feel this should be a safe and one-liner operation.

But referring to:
http://jakarta.apache.org/hivemind/hivemind/apidocs/org/apache/hivemind/impl/RegistryBuilder.html

Stating that:

A note about threadsafety: The assumption is that a single thread will
access the RegistryBuilder at one time (typically, a startup class within
some form of server or application). Code here and in many of the related
classes is divided into construction-time logic and runtime logic. Runtime
logic is synchronized and threadsafe. Construction-time logic is not
threadsafe. Methods such as
org.apache.hivemind.impl.RegistryInfrastructureImpl#addModule(Module),
org.apache.hivemind.impl.ModuleImpl#addConfigurationPoint(ConfigurationPoint),
ConfigurationPointImpl.addContribution(Contribution)and the like are
construction-time. Once the registry is fully constructed, it is not
allowed to invoke those methods (though, at this time, no checks occur).

I wonder if this is true for

Registry registry = RegistryBuilder.constructDefaultRegistry(); too?

If so I will make a singletonwrapper around this - and it should probably
be imported into one of the future releases.

Another thing:

HiveMind doesn't accept the hivemodule.xml filepath to be resolved through
a systemproperty defining a URL? I'd like to add this feature into the
same component as well.

David J. M. Karlsen - +47 90 68 22 43
http://www.davidkarlsen.com
http://mp3.davidkarlsen.com