hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "David J. M. Karlsen" <da...@davidkarlsen.com>
Subject Re: [SPAM] - set a java.lang.Integer inside a construct element - Email has different SMTP TO: and MIME TO: fields in the email addresses
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 20:41:37 GMT
James Carman wrote:

>There may not.  We ran into this problem before with the java.lang.String
>type within a Java Web Start client.  There's a bug out there in JIRA for it
>and I provided the patch which fixed it.  My suggestion was to use the
>commons beanutils classes rather than the property editors, but we want to
>minimize the dependencies HiveMind has (aside from Javassist, obviously), so
>we're sticking with the core JDK classes.  We basically short-circuited the
>property editor lookup if the target property type was String (as converting
>String to String is somewhat trivial).  Are you running within a webstart
>client?

No - it's running inside a EJB-container.
Not a big problem as I can do a

public void setSomeprop(int valueProvidedFromHiveMindFW){
    theClassIntegerProp = new Integer(valueProvidedFromHiveMindFW);
}

BTW: For the automatic-setting to be done - I have to provide
setPropertyname methods? Do they absolutely have to be public void and
not not private and/or static?
HiveMind cannot locate the variables of itself and initialize them?