hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Knut Wannheden <knut.wannhe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SPAM] - Retrieve configuration as a Map - Email has different SMTP TO: and MIME TO: fields in the email addresses
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:00:07 GMT
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 01:59:00 +0100, David J. M. Karlsen
<david@davidkarlsen.com> wrote:
> Albert Kwong wrote:
> > Why not keep it readable by enhancing <schema>?  We
> > can add an attribute to <element
> > key='attribute-name'/> or add an attribute to
> > <attribute key='true'/>?  Either a List or Map can be
> > injected into the service depending on the type it
> > expects.
>
> That would be even better! This way the semantics of the configuration
> could be verified by <schema> (and configuration of runtime properties
> are done by operations - nice to slit this out in it's own configuration
> contribution section) - but still leave a nice interface to the programmer.

I like the idea of a key attribute on <element> or <attribute>, but I
can't make up my mind which one I prefer...  I tend towards <element>.
 What do others think?

> The same applies for mapping <configuration> over to class-constuctor
> parameters, but as an orderet set of Objects/primitives rather than a list.

I don't quite understand this.  How is in your example the
<configuration> mapped to a String and an int?  I can see that we'd
also here allow mapping the configuration to a Map instead of just a
List.

Something else I think would be cool: With Java 1.5's generics syntax
we could support autowiring of configurations in addition to services.

--knut