hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Blending HiveMind Services and POJO's
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 01:25:29 GMT
Can you control where and how the User objects are serialized.  You
could use the substituion support when serializing to serialize a
token representing your user.  If you can control the deserializing,
you can subtitute back in an equivalent User.

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:03:58 -0400, Hensley, Richard
<richard.hensley@mckesson.com> wrote:
> I have an authenticate hivemind service. The job of that service is to
> return an implementation of the User interface.
>
> The User implementation is not a hivemind object, it is a POJO. The User
> implementation requires another hivemind service to return a list of
> values when requested. This is all easy up to this point because the
> authenticate method can inject the required services into the User
> implementation at construction time. Now comes the problem. The User
> implementation is Serializable, references to services are transient
> properties of the User implementation, so how does the User implementation
> reacquire references to the services after being serialized and
> deserialized.
>
> Right now I have basically implemented static global access to the hivemind
> registry.
>
> Is there a better way?
>
> Richard

Howard M. Lewis Ship