hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BuilderFactory extension
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:08:19 GMT
That's a pretty good idea; further, the factory method should be
optional, since HiveMind will often be able to figure it out ("gee, a
method with no parameters that returns the correct type!").  Also, the
other "thing" might not be a service (I've been keen to leverage the
Object Provider concept as much as possible).

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:08:22 +0200, Istvan Orban <istvano@mailbox.hu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry for my ignorance, but I'm intrested if the following thing is a
> good idea or not.
>
> If you have a service (B) which can only be instanciated by an other
> factory service (A). you have to write your own factory class which
> implements the
> ServiceImplementationFactory. I have seen some example of doing it.
>
> I think this is a general problem that. the BuilderFactory should not
> instance the class by calling it's contructor but to call an other
> service's method.
>
> would extending the BuilderFactory be a good idea on the following way.
>
>        <invoke-factory service-id="hiveMind:BuilderFactory">
>
>              <construct class="MyServiceB"
> contructor-service-id="MySerciceA" constructor-method="createServiceB">
>                <event-listener
> service-id="hivemind.ShutdownCoordinator"/>
>              </construct>
>         </invoke-factory>
>
> with these extra tags one could specify which method of the MyServiceA
> returns an instance of the MyServiceB
> so I can use all the power of the Configuration and Autowite provided
> already by the the BuilderFactory etc.
>
> I'm asking this because I have seen examples (providing hivernate
> session and transaction stuff) where they just implemented the
> 'ServiceImplementationFactory' but then you have to write again all the
> cool function which does the autowite and all other cool stuff for you....
>
> or I can achive the same functionality somehow differently
>
> Thanks!!!
>
> ps: It's a really great tool. I'm amazed how much time it can save for
> me...
>
> Istvano

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry