hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: database supplied configurations
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 14:29:08 GMT
My thoughts are that HiveMind exists to complement the *static* nature
of your application.

When you start talkling about bringing in data from a database, that's dynamic.

It would be nice to bring in data from such locations, and Knut's
recent work would support that. He made it significantly easier to
obtain ModuleDescriptors for other locations; XML files on the
classpath is now merely the default.

Ideally, it would be nice if you could define your database access
code inside HiveMind, but that is not practical; the lifecycle of
HiveMind services and configurations simply doesn't allow for that.

In theory, you could build a "bootstrap" Registry, and have it
construct a second "runtime" Registry.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry