hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Istvan Orban <istv...@mailbox.hu>
Subject Configuration ?
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2004 08:13:09 GMT
Hi,

I come across with an other problem. it seems the configuration and
contribution part is not fully clear for in Hivemind.

I have some services which needs Database access,
I have got 2 services accessing the same db, and an other which requests
data from a second db.

I do not want to create 2 servicse for accessing the the 2 db, although
I like this example as how easy to configure DB access with Hivemind

    <service-point id="DefaultDataSource" interface="javax.sql.DataSource">
        <invoke-factory service-id="hivemind.BuilderFactory">
            <construct class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource">
                <set property="driverClassName" value="org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDriver"/>
                <set property="url" value="jdbc:firebirdsql:localhost/3050:D:/Firebird/data/etstore.gdb"/>
                <set property="username" value="SYSDBA"/>
                <set property="password" value="masterkey"/>
            </construct>
        </invoke-factory>
    </service-point>

My services has a property called Datasource and I would like to feed
them somehow using the configuratoin power of Hivemind.
But I'm little stuck how could I have 2 configurations where I have 2
pooled DataSource with all the config values set
and when defining the 3 servies I would just bind the needed Datasource
to the service.

Could someone give me some useful advices, or directions what should I
use, or how could I achive this the best way.

Thanks a lot!