hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "Jean-Francois Poilpret" <jfpoilp...@hcm.vnn.vn>
Subject Hivemind Hibernate integration
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:05:44 GMT
Hi all,

I have just posted, on JIRA HIVEMIND-54, a zip containing my first
experiences with the integration of Hibernate into Hivemind. To whom it may
be of interest, here are some brief insights about its contents:

- Basic (abstract) transaction framework
- Jdbc implementation of transaction framework
- Hibernate implementation (without JTA)

Several hivemind modules are included:
- one for each of the 3 points above,
- two  for general utility libraries,
- plus two simple examples (one for jdbc and the equivalent for hibernate)

The examples implement a web application (based on struts and velocity
templates).

In the zip root, there is an "insights.txt" that gives more details about
that, and also improvement ideas.

I think that's it, there's nothing to add about this Hivemind-Hibernate
integration attempt, please don't hesitate to give it a run and give me your
comments.
Sorry if it duplicates others' current works (I know that Howard is
discussing with Rod about integrating spring transaction framework to
Hivemind, but he was not clear about the current status, to my
understanding, no actual work had started on this).

Cheers