hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuring services question...
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:41:35 GMT
The kind of thing you want could be built, but is not part of HiveMind
at this time.

Part of the idea of HiveMind is to remove the clutter of external XML
descriptor files, and move things into HiveMind MDDs, where they will
be uniform and documented (using HiveDoc).

With HiveMind 1.1, you'll be able to mark your object pool service as
private, so it won't be accessible from outside your own module.

I wouldn't balk at the idea of creating new services, HiveMind really
lets you go wild on divide-and-conquer, resulting in very small, very
testable services.

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:44:31 +0100, Bob Arnott <boba@aungate.com> wrote:
> Kurt R. Hoehn wrote:
> > You can add another service point.
>
> I didn't really want to have to create /another/ service as the ObjectPool
> is specific to DataSourceConnectionPoolService.
>
> > This will give you the ability to configure the GenericObjectPool.
> >
> > <service-point id="GenericObjectPool"
> > interface="org.apache.commons.pool.ObjectPool">
> >   <invoke-factory>
> >     <construct class="org.apache.commons.pool.GenericObjectPool">
> >       <set property="maxIdle" value="15" />
> >     </construct>
> >   </invoke-factory>
> > </service-point>
>
> This still doesn't let me set to configuration dynamically though...
> I don't want to have to subclass and declare an init method just to
> read some static config. Is there no way I can specify a config file
> in xml and have HiveMind parse it and set the config automatically...?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Bob Arnott
>
> Software Developer